The organ of Central Congregational Church was built by the Aeolian-Skinner Organ Company in 1965 and was dedicated in honor and appreciation of the ministry of Arthur Howe Bradford, D.D., minister of this church from 1918-1952. The instrument contains four divisions, 58 ranks and a total of 3,456 pipes and is an example of the American Classic Organ.
With this beautiful instrument being over 40 years old it became necessary to consider preventive maintenance, particularly as regards the leather, the instrument's connective tissues which get stiff with age, eventually leading to failures of individual pipes or even sections. After due consideration it was decided to seek the funds for a full-blown restoration of the organ. In May 2008, the organ was removed for restoration. It made its joyous return by Easter 2009. While minor adjustments continue to be made (as can be expected with an instrument of this size and complexity), the organ remains an important part of the life of the church.