Welcome to our Poet Laureate page.
Central Church is fortunate to have a creative talent like Ilse who directs the Church's writing mission.
- People of Hope – Barry Bayton
- Early Sunday Morning – Barry Bayon
- The Journey – May Grant
- Sally Strachan’s Garden – Ilse Kramer
- Haiku on Love – George Delany
- God’s Voice – May Grant
- The Trinity – Ilse Kramer
- Miss Ilse – Rose Dunlap
- My Love Poem – Martha Nielsen
- Love – Ilse Kramer
- Love’s Completion – May Grant
- Amor Vincit Timorem – Ilse Kramer
- Love – Rose Dunlap
- For love of a Winterberry – Barry Bayon
- Nature’s Pyrotechnics – Kathy Hart
We want to hear from you!
Do you write? Any member of the Central Church community who has something to say is invited to submit a document no longer than 250 words. We will be asking Church members to submit creative writing samples which will be showcased here on a regular basis.
- All poems submitted must contain a title and signature.
- We acknowledge poems that reflect ideas and attitudes of our family of faith and do not reflect the official views of this congregational church.
- We do not publish on an obligatory basis.
- The writings will be read and examined for errors, but not edited .
- The author is responsible for the final form.
- Please be sure to include your contact information.
- We want to hear from you!
As is true with all submissions, submit only those poems that have been finally edited to satisfaction. Include your photo and a short biography with your submission (not mandatory).
Address your poetry to email@example.com
Central’s Poet Laureate: Ilse Kramer
Ilse wrote her first verse, a sentimental jingle, in Germany in first grade. She eventually progressed to sonnets, hexameter, haiku, and acrostics. Her first English poem, “Interpretation,” 1963, won second prize in a poetry exhibition. Some of her poetry has been published in a literary magazine, the Providence Journal, Central News, and in anthologies.
Ilse has also published a bibliography of early German Americana at Brown University, and a novel, Pimpinella.